Tomorrow will be DAY 10 of going 100% RAW! This experience has been so much easier than I thought! As I said before, I am trying to incorporate creative recipe ideas on this GO RAW journey so here goes the first: Zucchini Pasta with Raw Marinara Sauce. I have never been a huge “pasta person” because I hate the full feeling I always have afterwards but this recipe left me feeling nourished and satisfied!
First, I used a cheese grater to grate the zucchini into angel hair “noodles.” One zucchini makes enough for about one person. Also, it is best to keep your produce unrefrigerated for this recipe so it is not cold to taste.
Now for the Raw Sun-dried Tomato Marinara Sauce (1 serving):
- 3 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves loosely packed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 1-2 Medjool date, pitted (optional)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, fresh or dried
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cold pressed olive oil (I left this one out)
- Blend everything except sun-dried tomatoes until smooth. Add the sun-dried tomatoes last and blend again. The sun-dried tomatoes will absorb excess moisture and thicken the sauce. It takes some trial and error to get the right consistency on this one!
**Even if you are not going RAW per say, you can always try using these fresh zucchini noodles instead of your typical white flour noodle and using your own marinara sauce! I was pleasantly surprised by how good the zucchini noodles tasted! You can even grate up some fresh yellow summer squash and carrots to add into this recipe for a tasty trio of “noodles.”