My friends and I had a girls night this weekend where we each made a healthy veggie-based appetizer!
These turned out to be a hit:
What You Need:
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup flaxseed meal/ ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice eggplant in half lengthwise and then into skinny strips.
- Place the eggplant strips in a flat tray.
- Pour the olive oil, balsamic, and garlic powder on top so that the eggplant is submerged.
- Allow eggplant to marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour flax seed meal onto a plate.
- Roll each eggplant strip in the flaxseed meal until it is completely covered and place each strip onto baking sheet.
- The trick to making these taste great is adding some good spices on top. For these, I sprinkled some garlic salt, paprika, a little bit of cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Bake at 450 for 15 minutes or until they are nice and crispy.
- Dip these into your favorite sauce! These are delicious!