These are yummy veggie burgers…with a kick!
What You Need:
- 1 16 oz. can Organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large Portabello mushroom, cut into large pieces
- 1/2 onion, sliced into large pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbs. Spicy Montreal seasoning or Chili Powder
- 1 Tbs Cumin
- 1 Tbs. Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats or bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a bowl, mash black beans with a fork until well mashed, but chunky.
- In a food processor or blender, chop mushroom, onion, and garlic into fine pieces. Then mix into the mashed black beans.
- In another bowl, mix eggs with spicy montreal seasoning (or chili powder), cumin, and hot sauce.
- Stir egg mixture into the black bean/veggie mixture. Add in the oats, mixing thoroughly. Divide mixture into four patties.
- Cook on oiled baking sheet for 10 minutes on each side.
- These could also be grilled on aluminum foil on your grill.
*Top with your favorite condiments such as lettuce, tomato, spinach, onion, mushroom, mustard, ketchup, etc. and serve on a toasted bun or go bun-less 🙂
*These are pretty spicy, which I love. But if you can’t handle the heat, you may want to reduce the amount of hot sauce and spicy seasoning. Next time I’m also going to try throwing in more veggies with the mushroom and onion…I’ll let you know how it goes!